The Manual Page Library
This is an archive of the man page collections of various ‘obscure’ operating systems related to Bell Labs.
The web interface is built as a werc app called wman, and it intends to be a more reliable, usable and up to date than other similar web interfaces.
- Plan 9 from Bell Labs current distribution manual pages.*
- Plan 9 from User Space current distribution manual pages* - For Unix-like systems.
- Plan 9 from Bell Labs Third Edition
- Plan 9 from Bell Labs Second Edition
- Plan 9 from Bell Labs First Edition - Newly re-licensed.
- Manual pages for programs in Plan 9’s sources/contrib packaging system.
If you know where to find copies of the currently missing editions, please let me know and I will be most grateful.
- Unix 10th Edition. Coming soon!
- Unix 9th Edition.
- Unix 8th Edition - Thanks to David du Colombier (aka Fish in #plan9)!
- Unix Writer’s Workbench - Also contributed by Fish!
- Unix V7 - Thanks to aiju for suggesting this.
- Unix V6 - Thanks to aiju in
#cat-vfor helping dig up and fix up the V6 man tmac. (Section 0 is missing from the web interface for unknown technical reasons.)
- Unix First Edition - HTMLfied version of the OCRd scans of the original Unix manual.
* These collections are regularly updated with the latest versions from their respective repositories.
Wanted: If you have a copy of the troff source for any of the wanted collections, please contact me.